Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Letter from an Angry Mother

My name is Ann Carbone. I'm the mother of Ashley Strauss. I just heard this awful news that el Centro is going to be closing due to money issues. It's understandable, but my thing is, how can you give other schools money when the teachers can care less for kids education & future, can care less about resolving a conflict that students have with one another etc.?  My daughter came home everyday miserable wanted to give up so many times b/c of the school's environment & I'm not talking about 1 public high school. Every other day she would be in a fight b/c of how they allow students to act, because of what the teachers & staff didn't do to resolve the issue in classes, halls, and on school grounds period. 
Since Ashley attended el Centro, a Big Picture school, I've seen a huge improvement. She's more confident in what she does, has set goals for herself, comes home & does h.w./studies even on the weekend. To see my daughter do this on her own & change dramatically for the better is the best thing any parent can ask for. I do agree it has to do with the school b/c in the 1st week I saw a change. She comes home & tells me her day, what she has learned, how the teachers & staff helped her. It warms my heart b/c I knew my daughter was capable of this & I have to say el Centro has helped her open her eye. I recommend this program to anyone. 
Please, if you can find it in your heart that this school really does help youth, & the "YOUTH" are going to make the "FUTURE" don't shut them down. You're not only hurting me & my daughter but all the students, parents, & staff. They try so hard to be something. More then 1/2 probably never had that motivation from their previous schools, & you're going to take that away in a blink of an eye. When no one else was there this school was. Look at what category the school board falls in to after you shatter these innocent hardworking students. It's a shame.
Sincerely, 
An Angry Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment