Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"We all have dreams."

There are many reasons why I would like El Centro De Estudiantes to remain open. El Centro has given students like me an opportunity to finish high school and accomplish our goals. This school isn’t like any other high school, but we all have one thing in common. We all want to become your future doctor, nurse, police officer, web designer and so much more. We all have dreams. Just because we are an alternative school doesn’t mean we should be treated differently. Just because we couldn’t make it through a regular high school doesn’t mean the alternative and more successful option should be shut down.

When I tell people what kind of school I attend they respond by saying my school is dumb and that I don’t learn anything there. What they don’t know is that we learn a lot and the teachers here are very helpful. Furthermore, the students get along great with each other unlike other high schools I’ve been to that have constant threats of violence. We also have smaller classes, which a lot of students like. You don’t have to be in a class with 20 or more students where the teacher can’t give you the attention you need.

All I’m saying is that we should have the right to not only have our school but also all of the other alternative schools open. When we thought we couldn’t make it and had nowhere to go, this school was here and it gave us the chance and space to follow our dreams.

--Taina Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment