Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A More Open Connection


My name is Isabelle Rodriguez. I just heard that you are going to close my school, el Centro de Estudiantes. I feel really upset because I work really hard to come to this school and knowing that you are going to close our school makes me think that we have no future. This school is not only a school but it is like a family and we need to have our school open so we can finish and have a diploma and at least be somebody in life.
If you are going to close our school we are not going to be available to have our dream, so basically that feels like you don’t appreciate us and all the hard work we have put into our time at el Centro. I just hope you know how I feel if they close our school.  It is not going to be the same. We came from a school where we were not learning anything and now that we have the opportunity of learning. We never want to lose that.
I have heard the School District will open programs in regular high schools for students like me. For me, it is not going to be the same because programs are so different from our school. el Centro de Estudiantes is more open, we have that connection with the teachers, and I’m afraid that if I end up in a different program it is not going to be the same. I am just going to go back and not learn anything.
 -- Isabelle Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment