Thursday, May 26, 2011

"There's no worse feeling than to have your home taken away from you."

I would first like to start off asking the question, “What happened to no child left behind? Or to the equal right to education?” Coming to el Centro has changed me in so many ways, I can hardly put it into words when people ask me what el Centro means to me.  One of my biggest problems when I was in my other school was speaking up, but el Centro has shown me that everyone’s voice should be heard and without speaking up there’s no hope. It has even gave me the courage to speak here today. If it wasn’t for el Centro, I don’t know where I would be in life.
When I think of el Centro many things pop into my head, things like, faith and happiness, love and care, success and the future—things that you will take from me and every single person in my school and the twelve other schools your trying to shut down. There’s no worse feeling than to have your home taken away from you, so why are you taking our home away? El Centro is more than a school, we are a family like any other. We’re not going down without a fight so before you make your final decision, please take a second to think about the kids being affected by this. Thank you.

--Selena M.

No comments:

Post a Comment